Journalling for Success Toolkit
How to Journal for Maximum Success
The Inspiration for this summit and the toolkit comes from the book, Journeying On: A Poetic Diary 2018 ©Jean B. Lee Extra MILE Innovators.
The content of the Journalling for Success Toolkit is based on the Live 3-Day Journeying On Summit. The kit includes the recordings of the summit presentations, the PPT notes and books from the presenters. See the "Course Curriculum" area for details of the other contents.
BENEFITS OF THE TOOLKIT
With this toolkit you will discover the importance of journalling as a life skill, and be inspired to begin or continue in a more focussed way the practice of this discipline. In this toolkit, you will learn:
- What journalling is and is not.
- At least 5 ways in which journalling could be of benefit to you.
- How to avoid the possible pitfalls of journalling.
- How to start journaling and journal effectively for success.
- How to pursue with greater intentionality the practice of journalling.
- How to make the transition from writing for self to writing for a select audience.
- How to turn your journals into published books.
- How your journals can become blessing agents: Testimonials of Readers.
- How to write a book in 24 hours or 30 days.
The 3-Day Summit covered the following topics:
- An Introduction to Journalling: the nature of Journalling, Surprising Benefits and Uses
- How to Begin and Maintain the Discipline of Journalling
- How to Achieve Emotional Health through Writing: Testimonies of Ruth and Jean—“How Journalling Threw Me a Lifeline.”
- How to Turn Your Journal Entries into Books Using a 7-Step Book Conversion Process
MEET DR JEAN LEE
Chief Summit Presenter and Creator of the Journalling for Success Kit
Dr Jean Lee has worked in education for over 40 years; 15 at the high school level (1 as a pre-trained teacher at Bishop's High and 14 at her Alma Mater, Wolmer’s), 3 with the Ministry of Education as Officer for Spanish, and over 20 years at the Jamaica Theological Seminary (JTS). She also served in Christian Education for 2 years as a missionary in the Dominican Republic under the auspices of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students.
At JTS, she served in various capacities: Student Services (as Dean), Academic Administration (Acting Dean) and as Lecturer. Her portfolio, while serving in Academia included training, course design and evaluation. Courses included Student Development Seminar, Language Courses (including Communication and Academic Writing), Introduction to Disability Studies, Conflict Courses and Spiritual Formation. This last was, and still is, her favourite. Teaching was, perhaps, always her calling, even from her youth, with involvement in Inter-Schools’ Christian Fellowship, Good News Clubs, Sunday School and youth camps, but her teaching ministry became full blown in 1989 after a new level of commitment to Christ at the Kingston Keswick Convention.
Jean worships with the Anglican Communion and has had the privilege of making presentations at retreats and church services across denominations and at schools. She has now put together more intentionally her two main ministry tools—teaching and writing—for greater outreach.
Hello, I'm an Authorpreneur, Amazon bestselling author of over 25 books, an international speaker, trained educator and certified career coach from the beautiful island of Jamaica.
In November 2018, I took on the challenge of writing 20 manuscripts in one year and by November 2019, the feat was accomplished. I published 16 of those manuscripts in a year without breaking the bank.
Today, I teach experts to turn their knowledge, experience and skills into books which they can leverage for greater impact, increased income, and legacy building. Since 2001, I've spoken to thousands of people in 14 countries including Jamaica, countries in the wider Caribbean, Latin America, and Africa.
StartDay 1 Presentation - Live Recording - How Journalling Changed Our Lives (38:12)
StartDay 1 PPT Notes
StartDay 2 Presentation - Live Recording - Surprising Benefits & Uses of Journals (48:16)
StartDay 2 PPT Notes
StartDay 3 Pt. 1 Presentation: Live Recording-How to Start & Maintain the Discipline of Journalling (35:02)
StartDay 3 Pt 2 Presentation: Live Recording-How to Turn Journals into Books (25:35)
StartDay 3 PPT Notes